Social Services

We provide a number of services and programs to the residents of Red Lake County.

How to Make a Child Protection Report:

If you have concerns that a child living in Red Lake County is experiencing child abuse or neglect, please call our agency at 218-253-4131 and ask to speak to an intake worker.  Your concern will be staffed by our Child Protection Team.  Our office is open from 8 am to 4:30 pm.  If you have a concern outside of our office hours, please make your report to the Sheriff’s office by calling 218-253-2996.  Please call 911 if you feel your concern is an emergency that needs an immediate response. 


Other services include: 

  • Adult Protection matters such as intervention, prevention and resolution of elder abuse and neglect - To report abuse of a vulnerable adult please call the state-wide common entry point which is available 24/7 toll-free at (844)880-1574.  Mandated reporters must report via the mandated reporter website
  • Mental Health services such as intervention, maintenance and support of mentally ill persons.  To see information on or join the Region One NW8 Adult Local Advisory Council please visit Region One NW8 Adult Local Advisory Council (LAC)'s website..
  • Chemical Dependency services which include assessments, recommendations for services and support for chemically dependent persons.
  • Developmentally Disabled services like assisting with maintenance and support and living arrangements
  • Day Care licensing and supervision
  • Foster Care licensing and supervision
  • Adoption Services
  • Alternative Care which includes prevention of nursing home placements by in-home service to the elderly
  • Waiver Services: CAC, DD, EW, CADI, BI, and MSHO
Attached Document or FileBrochure for CADI, DD, BI and CAC Programs Brochure for CADI, DD, BI and CAC Programs
Attached Document or FileStatewide Disability Advocacy Training View this document for information on the Partners in Policymaking program.
Attached Document or FileDay Care licensing flyer Flyer about the need for licensed day cares.